Kids Blanket Planning
Red Wagon Law firm prides itself at understanding the parent’s point of view when it comes to planning for your children should the unexpected ever happen. Our attorney, Lori Woodward, is also parent and is committed to providing the level of protection she would want for her own child.
Without proper legal planning, a number of issues could arise as result of this disastrous possibility:
- It is possible that your children could be placed into the care of Child Protective Services (CPS), even if you have a will or a living trust in place. It would likely only be temporary, but trust me; you never want your children in the arms of strangers. Not even for a minute.
- Your children could be put into the custody and care of that one family member who has good intentions, but who you do not believe could do an adequate job of raising your kids.
- A judge could decide who will raise your kids, regardless of your wishes.
- Your family could get into a long, drawn out custody fight which could mentally affect your kids.
- Up to 5% of the value of your assets could be lost through the probate process. This process can tie up your assets for years and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably, but is completely avoidable with detailed legal planning;
- Assuming you’ve navigated all of these other pitfalls, when your child turn 18, they will each get a check for whatever assets are left, and he or she could fall victim to many financial scams or gimmicks designed to rob them of their inheritance.
What is a Kids Blanket Plan?
The Kids Blanket Plan is a set of legal documents, child care instructions, and a wallet sized ID card you can carry.
Should you ever be in an accident, the Kids Blanket Plan will ensure your children are taken care of exactly as you planned, and never enter into CPS custody. Your children would then be raised by those you wanted, and not a stranger or unintended family member.